The Teen Yoga Network is a group of Seacoast Yoga studios offering free or reduced rates to teenagers in order to make yoga more accessible and affordable. The following is a list of all participating studios:
- Prasada Yoga Center (North Hampton, NH) - Teen (ages 12-17) Membership: $40/1 mo unlimited classes. Teens free with paying adult
- Symmetry Yoga (Lee, NH) - One teen (12+) free per paying adult
- Cider Hill Yoga (York, ME) - Teens offered a discounted rate of $5.00 per class
- Yoga East (Kittery, ME) - Teens 16 and under free when accompanied by and adult. $5 per class for teens attending class without a paying adult. Additional programs for teens only.
- Bikram Yoga Portsmouth (Portsmouth, NH) - Several free classes for teens on schedule with paying adult. Free classed denoted in RED
- Yoga On York (York, ME) - $5 drop-in rate for teens 13-17 years old. Additional teen programs on schedule.
- Yoga in ME (South Berwick, ME) - Teens (age 12 - 17) Autopay Membership: $35. Drop In: $6 or free with a paying adult (one free teen per adult)
Our hope is that through this network more teens will have the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of yoga, ultimately building resilience, self-esteem and the self-regulation skills essential to a positive adolescent experience and lifelong health and wellness. In the end, healthier teens means healthier adults and communities.
ChildLight Yoga Studio
with Ann Biese
Dates: July 17-18, 2017
Times: Mon 8am-6pm & Tue 8am-6pm
ChildLight Yoga and Mindfulness for Tweens and Teens is a yoga teacher training intensive designed to inspire and empower those who work with adolescents. Learn to share yoga and mindfulness tools developed especially for youth ages 10-18 years in this inspiring, “transformative” training intensive. Support tweens and adolescents in developing self-awareness, emotional resilience, healthy body image, and compassion through asana, breathing practices, meditation, community building, “mat chats” and more. Leave the training empowered to make a significant difference in the lives of tweens and teens.